I WAS AN INTERN ON FRIENDS: Self-Striping Pima Cotton - DK Weight - Hand dyed yarn
- Colors: Black, Red, Blue, Yellow
- Pima Cotton DK weight yarn
- 218 yards / 100 grams / 4-ply
Handwash in cool water, lay flat to dry.
Please note: cotton yarn/fabrics do have a tendency to bleed in the wash so please wash in cool water with like colors.
In stock: 1
In honor of the 25th Anniversary of the TV show, Friends, I thought I'd do a few skeins of yarn. This was very fun to do in cotton and there may be some lighter areas in the colors for a fun tonal or variegated look within the stripes.
A little backstory on the colorway's title . . .
- During my final year in college, I had to do an internship in my field (Communications with an emphasis on Radio-TV-Film). One of my classmates already held an entry level position on the TV show, Friends, and forwarded my resume for the intern position they had for the start of the 2nd season. I got an interview and landed the job!
- I came in twice a week to the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank and on Wednesdays from 2-7pm, I would answer the production line phones "Hello, Friends". If you called during that time, I would tell you the number to call to get tickets for a taping, where to send fan mail (which I did sort through and deliver to the dressing rooms on the stage), tell folks that I did not have Jennifer Aniston's phone number irregardless if you told me you were related to her (if you really were her family member, wouldn't you have her number already??).
- Interns were able to be on set during a taping, but we had to work. One day I was on set before they were taping and was talking to some of the art folks who were in charge of putting together the sets for the shoot. I saw there was a big stack of empty photo frames nearby and asked about them. I was told, "There is a scene coming up where Joey meets with his talent agent in her office, and we are going to put these frames up with headshots in them". Without thinking, I blurted out "Well, I have a headshot!" and was told to bring it in! (So, when I was 14 yrs old I went to finishing/modeling school and had headshots done.)
- I didn't really think anything of it since there are tons of headshots for them to choose from, then I saw the episode in Estelle's office, and there I was:
My headshot was used in other episodes in Season 2, 6 and 9 in Estelle's office . . .
and at a dry cleaners!
- I was done with my internship halfway through the 2nd season, but it was a great experience and my only 'TV' job. My next internship was at a film company (my goal was to work in film), and they were in pre-production on a little film called "Titanic" . . . but that's another story.
Enjoy the yarn :)
Please note applicable sales tax will be applied to California orders.