KNITTING PATTERN for Diamonds in the Rough Socks - Charted Colorwork Sock pattern - digital download
**NOTE: This is for the KNITTING PATTERN, not the socks themselves**
This listing is for the Diamonds in the Rough Socks PATTERN which is a toe-up sock pattern using 2 different fingering weight yarns for size Medium and Large.
Being a fan of animated movies, especially the Disney features from the 1980s & 1990s, I loved how the the main character in ALADDIN was called a “diamond in the rough” and turned out to be a true hero in the end. DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH SOCKS is an homage not just to this animated hero, but to the hidden gems in all of us.
These are Fair-Isle knitted socks and the pattern is suitable for intermediate knitters, familiar with stranded colorwork techniques and toe-up sock construction. Pattern includes color charts for the instep and foot. The pattern is in digital (.pdf) form form and is available for instant download.
- CONSTRUCTION: Toe-Up
- NEEDLES: 2 - 2.75mm circulars (I use 16" circulars)
- SIZE(S) AVAILABLE: Medium and Large (wide) width
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Intermediate knitters familiar with stranded colorwork technique, toe-up construction, basic knitting stitches.
- MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Medium - Main Color: 50 grams of sock weight yarn - approx 200-230 yards and Contrast Color: 50 grams of sock weight yarn - approx 200-230 yards
- Large - Main Color: 100 grams of sock weight yarn - approx 400-450 yards and Contrast Color: 50 grams of sock weight yarn - approx 200-230 yards