KNITTING PATTERN for Flag Socks: USA - Charted Colorwork Sock pattern - digital download
**NOTE: This is for the KNITTING PATTERN, not the socks themselves**
This listing is for the Flag Socks: USA PATTERN which is a toe-up charted sock pattern using 2 circular needles for size Womens Med and Large.
During the 2014 Winter Olympics, I was inspired by Team USA's opening ceremony sweaters, and decided to create these socks and work on them during the games. FLAG SOCKS: USA feature the American flag, USA acronym and text on the front and simple checkered pattern on the foot and back.
This toe-up, charted and stranded pattern has two sizes for medium and large. Since the flag pattern requires stranding and yarn management of all 3 colors, this pattern would be suitable for advanced colorwork knitters. Go Team USA!
This pattern includes color charts for the instep and foot. The pattern is in digital (.pdf) form and is available for instant download.
- CONSTRUCTION: Toe-Up
- NEEDLES: 2 - 2.75mm circulars (I use 16" circulars)
- SIZE(S) AVAILABLE: Medium and Large (wide) width
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Advanced knitters familiar with stranded colorwork technique using 3 yarns, toe-up construction, basic knitting stitches.
- MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Medium - Main Color: 50 grams of sock weight yarn - approx 200-230 yards and Contrast Color: 50 grams of sock weight yarn - approx 200-230 yards
- Large - Main Color: 100 grams of sock weight yarn - approx 400-450 yards and Contrast Color: 50 grams of sock weight yarn - approx 200-230 yards